Restricting Confiform fields with CSS not working for all field types

Erin Smith March 22, 2023

Hi Alex,

I have a form where entries are created by one person and updated by another person. At different stages we want some fields to be locked down to certain people, but available at other times. 

The CSS code "pointer-events: none;" works for most field types, but we're finding that for Date fields, User fields (including multi select) and Smart Drop down fields the restricted user can still action the fields.

We can't use the "Editable By" field attribute as it needs to be restricted sometimes, but not all the time.

Are you aware of any other way to restrict fields?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2023

Hi @Erin Smith 

"Editable By" could accept a value from another field, via [entry.field_name]

Basically you can control who can edit through "another field" in the form... if that makes sense

Alex

Erin Smith March 23, 2023

Hi Alex, 

Except we only want to restrict who can edit under certain circumstances, so using the Editable By field wouldn't work.

For example, we want the Requestor to be able to edit the field while it is in Draft or New Request Status, but once it's in Submitted to Governance Status we want the field locked down to everyone but the Governance team.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2023

And that is what my proposed solution supports... You use another field that manages the "edit permissions" on this field... 

Little demo: http://recordit.co/Wjgx5wGl7J

Erin Smith March 24, 2023

Bah, TD has that link blocked, lol. Can you send a screen print, or paste the code here? My brain just isn't quite getting what you're saying.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2023

screen.gif

How about this animated gif?

Alex

Erin Smith March 24, 2023

Unfortunately that didn't work (at least it didn't work as far I I understand the gif). Do you have time on Monday to jump on a quick call and I can show you what I'm doing and you can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events