Reporting Defect Density

Wendy Schaeffer January 7, 2020

I need to report Defect Density metrics for our applications.  We are using JIRA and would like to get the information and display it in either a report, chart or gadget.  

Any suggestions/ideas?

TIA

1 answer

0 votes
Evan Golden {VisualScript}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 7, 2020

Hello Wendy,

You can do this with the VisualScript marketplace application.

With VisualScript you can reach into Jira and find the relationships in your data, and display them in the form of a visual report in a dashboard gadget.

For defect density, I assume you are using a custom field or component for each software module?  VisualScript can find the defects that either have that field configured in it, or are linked to a Story (or other issue) that has that field configured.  Any data point will work, as long as we can find it with the API.

From there you can create a variety of different report types to get you what you need.  One option is a grid, where the x-axis has the dates, the y-axis has the individual software modules, and inside each cell is a shape representing each of the defect(s).  This report could be for an individual release.  This is just an example, and the tool is completely customizable (colors, data points, calculating data, etc..)

Hopefully this helps, and FYI - I work on the VisualScript product team.

Best

Evan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events