REST API Browser on JIRA 7.4?

Tristan Leask September 5, 2017

Hi guys,

I think I am being really stupid here, but I just don't understand the tech articles on accessing the RAB on my lab JIRA Server.

From what I have read so far, the RAB is built in to the latest version, yet I cannot find it for the life of me.  The plugin "Atlasian REST API Browser" doesn't appear in the addons search engine on my lab server, and reading the RA article:

https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/developer-tools/using-the-rest-api-browser

It doesn't actually say how to access this on a lab server?

I also went the route of installing the SDK on the same box as my lab server, but from the looks of that it just spins up a new instance of JIRA, so the third party plugin that I want to dev against isn't there anyway.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW, I am trying to use postman to just send test commands against my lab server, but following the plugins doc (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/spaces/JTMPA/pages/64126996/Tempo+Planning+REST+API), the URL always comes back with a 404, hence why I want to use the RAB to see if I can at least see the plugins APIs.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2017

Hi Tristan,

Have you tried to find the REST API Browser in the Add-ons section of JIRA?  You should be able to add it there.  In regards to Tempo's API, I don't believe that will show up in the Atlassian REST Browser.

Cheers,

Branden

Tristan Leask September 6, 2017

If I use the Add-ons section to search for "REST API Browser", nothing is returned.  Is it not installed by default as some articles seems to suggest with the latest version of JIRA?

Jim McCaskey September 12, 2017

Hi Tristan

I'm seeing this same thing and have been banging my head on the wall for a good hour.  I just looked at the "Atlassian Rest Api Browser" plugin in the portal. It looks like the last version this was available for was Jira 7.3.8. I'm trying on 7.4.2 with no luck.

Branden, any chance of getting this update for 7.4.x?

Dave Marsico September 29, 2017

We are also very interested in getting this for 7.4.2

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events