R4J: How to Manually Modify requirementsPath of an issue when you can't navigate to it in R4J Tree

Ryan Arata March 22, 2022

I have some issues in R4J that seem to have gotten "lost."  They don't show up on the requirements tree, though the Jira tickets still exist.  I cannot re-add them to the tree because it says they're already there, but I cannot find them on the tree because it says they're not there.

I'm guessing that they somehow ended up with a requirementsPath tag that is not a valid part of the tree - but how do I modify that without being able to access them through the tree?  It doesn't seem like its an accessible jira field.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angelica Salazar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2022

Hello @Ryan Arata

I'm Angelica from EaseSolutions, vendor of R4J plugin. I'm not sure which version of R4J you're using, but first thing to try is the "Move issues within own project tree" feature.

Right click on any folder in your project tree and select "Add existing issues" then select the source "Move issues within own project tree". You can use a JQL query to indicate the Jira issue that seems to have been lost.

moveissues.PNG

Something else that could be done is executing the integrity checker to Check Folder & Issue References.

If none of these help, we'd be glad to help you at our service desk portal for further investigation.

Best regards,
Angelica

Ryan Arata March 23, 2022

Thanks Angelica, this worked for me!

Angelica Salazar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2022

Sounds great! Happy to help. :)

1 vote
Thierry Dalon April 4, 2023

From a given Issue Url you can also jump back to the R4J tree with the Url: 

sJiraRootUrl . "/plugins/servlet/com.easesolutions.jira.plugins.requirements/project?detail=" . sProjectKey . "&issueKey=" . sIssueKey
(We have a small utility tool to do this within the press of a hotkey.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events