Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

ProForma form error - "Server error" when form is completed

Edited

Hi everyone, 

I've create a form in ProForma that is set up to create a story in Jira on completion of the form. However, when I test it out and submit a form, I get an error message saying:

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 2.04.03 pm.png

Can anyone help me here? How can I resolve this issue? 

Thanks,
Maddie

2 answers

0 votes

Hi @Peter Preston ,

Thanks for getting back to me with that advice. I've been made the project administrator for the particular form so I don't think that is the issue. 

I also looked into each of the required fields in the form and made sure that they're linked with Jira fields (even if they're custom fields) however still had the error message. Is this what you mean by linking mandatory questions to existing fields in Jira? 

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 5.18.07 pm.png

Could we potentially jump on a call to workshop this? This is becoming a bit of a bottleneck for me at the moment and I'm dying to solve it! 

Thanks again in advance, any help is much appreciated! 

Hi @Maddie Arnold - sorry for my radio silence. I was out of office last week.

I also looked into each of the required fields in the form and made sure that they're linked with Jira fields (even if they're custom fields) however still had the error message. Is this what you mean by linking mandatory questions to existing fields in Jira? 

Hmm - my original comment was a bit misleading. What you need to check/confirm is that all required Jira fields (i.e.: Description, Summary, etc.) have some form of data being entered into them. You can make any ProForma field "required" without linking to a Jira field. It's the Jira fields that we're looking at in this case. 

A few questions to help address this:L

• Are you using Jira Software, Service Management, or Work Management?
  • Are you on Cloud, Server, or DC?
  • And last one, which time zone are you in (in case the required Jira fields aren't the issue and we need to schedule a time to chat)?

Thanks!

0 votes

Hi @Maddie Arnold 👋

We'll see this error pop up if you don't have Administer Project permissions. Even if you are a Jira administrator, you won’t be able to edit the form templates unless you have Project Admin permission.

There may also be required fields on the issue create screen that don't have a corresponding linked field on the ProForma form. In order to create an issue, ProForma needs to provide values for all mandatory fields. If the Create Issue screen requires a field and there is no corresponding linked field on the ProForma form, then you will receive an error. Alternatively, you may receive an error telling them at a specific Jira field (for example the Description field) is required.

Have a look at those two things and let me know if the problem resolves.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍂📹 Apptoberfest demo contest roundup: vote for your favorite demos!

Hi Community! The submissions are in (and listed below) for the 🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻 Demo Competition and it’s time for you to place your votes for the best: Analytics & reporting app demo ...

290 views 8 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you