Preconditions are not getting mapped while importing test cases in Jira

cherish sharma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2024

I am trying with below steps

1.Click on Create button for "test case" Issue type
2. Now click on "Import Issues" button
3. Now tried importing the csv with below fields

• Title/ Summary
  • Precondition
  • Description
  • and all other required fields that we wanted.

4. Import of test case got successful
5. But when we open the imported test case, there we observed that Precondition are not imported instead below lines are written :

Precondition 1
Precondition 2
Precondition 3

Which is not the expected result. We want all the data that was mentioned in the precondition of CSV to be successfully imported in the test case of the Jira and particularly in the precondition field.

Please let us know how it can achieved

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What is the "Precondition" field?   Is it a text field?  What is in your CSV that is being imported into it incorrectly?

cherish sharma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2024

Yes its a Textbox field and there was no error while importing the csv. Moreover after importing expected data was not shown in the textbox instead it was showing default data given below 
Precondition 1
Precondition 2
Precondition 3

Note : This data is also appearing in the Precondition field as by default value, when we are manually trying to create a new test case (In the 'create issue' dialog box)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2024

Imports do not have default data, what was in your import file and how did you map it on to the fields?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events