Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM72 MeetTheSpeakers: An Agile Intro To Agile

Hi again! A couple of weeks ago I posted about my Estimating talk. I’m back with more! You’ve probably seen a few posts by now about the upcoming PM72 event, that will be packed full of discussion panels and talks by expert speakers in the project management space - from managing risk, change and operations, to team work.

white-agile.png

About Me

I first learned agile development when I moved to San Francisco to work at LucasArts on a new IP team that was prototyping video game concepts. I got scrum certified and have been continuing to expand my understanding of the power of agile since then (I use a kanban board at home for my home improvements :wink: ). After years of coaching teams on Agile methodologies, I developed my own training to give teams formal skills and tools to become effective in agile. This talk is the initial overview from that training.

The Talk

Learn the key stories that make agile epic!  We’ll cover the origins of agile, a high-level overview of agile, scum and kanban (and waterfall!), and provide a matrix of how to choose the best methodology for your individual project circumstances. This talk is great for both people who are new to agile, and as a refresher for those who have some agile experience.

Why should you attend:

This talk will be a fast way to learn the basic concepts of agile and the two most popular methodologies (kanban and scrum), and will round out with helping the viewers understand how to choose a methodology depending on their individual project circumstances. I will also be attending the US After Party on June 13th 3:30 - 5:30pm PDT, see you there!

An Agile Intro to Agile

1 comment

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2022

What a great title!

Like Amber Morey-Wu likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events