Only allow comments within transition screen while within a specific status?

Michael
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2023

Hello everyone,

Our team is having an issue with users trying to use the comments section at the bottom of tickets / requests instead of transitioning these tickets/requests via the status drop-down and available transitions.

Is there a way within either Jira or within script-runner to only allow for comments to be entered within a transition screen while in a specific status?

Example:
Status = Revisions Needed

Transitions available = Close and Re-Submit

Close Transition - Closes the request and doesn't have a transition screen

Re-Submit Transition - Provides the user a transition screen with the Priority field and Comments field.

We do not want comments allowed at the bottom of the ticket, but if a user selects the "Re-Submit" transition, we want the Comments field to show up here so they can enter their needed details.

Thanks,
Mike

1 answer

0 votes
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2023

Hi @Michael

Unfortunately, there is no direct approach to this.

If you only want comments that have been added to the Transition screen to be visible, all other comments will need to be deleted.

Instead of removing the other comments, I suggest creating a separate Multi-Line text field that will display only the latest comment added in the Transition screen.

Let me know if this solution suits your requirements, and I will try to prepare an example.

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events