On-boarding Template with Field Validation on Close

Nick_Thoman June 1, 2020

I am looking for some suggestions on which "Add-ins" people like the most for on-prem Jira. (If there are better cloud solutions, we are willing to move to the cloud.) I wan't to improve our on-boarding and off-boarding process in addition to ticket categorization on issues. I have lots of experience with ServiceNow but Jira is new to me. It's model of buying add-ins to do additional tasks is interesting. Unfortunately there are lots overlap of the different add-ins out there with this model. I was hoping some of the community can suggest their "Combination" of add-ins that work well for them.

Issue 1: HR On-Boarding and Off-Boarding Workflow

Currently we have a fairly basic ticket that doesn't have any sub-tasks and just gets passed around from person to person and sometimes steps get missed.  I want to create a new "HR Project" so HR can easily see all Employee tasks but I want sub-tasks created and assigned to setup hardware, office space, account, access and so on. Ideally, I would like these task created in each groups project space. For instance, office setup is created in our facility project, IT tasks are created in the Service Desk project, HR tasks are created as sub-tasks to the request. The parent request should not be closed till all sub\linked tasks are closed. (This might not be possible if it's not a sub-task from my understanding)

I am currently looking at "Easy Templates" for this functionality.

Issue 2: Required information on resolution

Currently any ticket can be closed at any time. I want to make sure tickets are categorized correctly and missing information is filled in prior to being closed. For instance some sort of resolution comment. It looks like out of the box there are only only the option to require fields when tickets are created. I would like to require on transition. I see a bunch of solutions out there to make that work which is a bit overwhelming when this feature in my opinion should have been built into the platform as a basic feature. However, like my issue 1, I am assuming this workflow improvement is how I cold get a master on-boarding\Off-boarding ticket to close automatically if all linked\sub-tasks are closed.  

I am sure I will have some more questions down the road but this is a good start. For instance, I would like Assets from our other asset DB linked into Jira somehow. For instance, back in the day I had Altiris Data imported into ServiceNow which allowed us to track issues with assets better and improved our Off-boarding process because it was easily seen what hardware needed to be returned. How will save this for another day though :P

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events