Need a suggestion on choosing the version to upgrade jira datacenter

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2023

Hi,

Right now, I want upgrade to the newest version of Jira datacenter from 8.20.15. Jira Datacenter 9.11.2 is currently the most recent version available. This most recent version is compatible with every plug-in I have installed. Is this the right version to update my instance to, and are there any other recommendations or ideas?

Thanks,

Om

1 answer

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2023

Hello @Omprakash Thamsetty ~ I usually follow the guidelines and recommended version via the "Plan your upgrade" link in DC (https://<yourinstance>/plugins/servlet/troubleshooting/pre-upgrade/) though I usually only upgrade to the latest LTS.   I will also check this against the current Security Advisories and Vulnerabilities for the version I want to upgrade to.

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2023

Yes, I checked in Plan your upgrade page and it is showing the latest version 9.11.2 but the LTS version is 9.4.11 so confused to choose the version. Both are released in Oct 2023 only.

Thanks,

Om

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events