My love affair(s) in Marketplace

PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019
Following our February badge theme, but also replying to Atlassian Authors contest, here we go with my unconventional love story about my multiple affairs in Marketplace. 

My predicament started with my attraction to Jira itself. Long time ago I was forced to give up on IBM Maximo, and put all my feelings to JIRA. It was yet before Jira SD, Greenhopper was still separate app. But although I found Jira pretty attractive, nice looking, smart, there was no passion there. Yet. I missed some stability, predictability, some regular life standards.
Luckily, with the help of InTenso (now Deviniti), Jira and I moved past the rough patch in our relationship. Now Jira could finally enter into a true partnership, finally agreeing to develop Issue Templates. Now I could finally relax into a happy and healthy daily routine! My life in more predictable and harmonized with Issue Templates, but I also have room in my heart for others!
Issue Templates gives me many things but doesn't provide me with a base or assets. So, to benefit our relationship, I brought in some temporary custom arrangements. No passion, no integrity, just business! This move only cost me time, effort, and caused many mistakes that I would love to avoid in the future. 

But after this rough patch, I met Insight for Jira. Insight was still immature when we met, but I could see high potential in the relationship! So, I spent time pouring feedback into Insight for Jira, and in 3 to 4 years they really developed into a valuable partner. Insights for Jira proves that the "cold" Swede stereotype is wrong. I know now that Swedes are trustworthy and smart. At times I wish Insight was less complicated, but at the end of the day, I'll take exciting over simple. That's what keeps me in the relationship! 
The last object of my love affair is with Automation for Jira. I'll be honest - it was not love at first search. I was distracted by other runners but found them too complex and I already had two loved ones on my plate! I was looking for something simple, passionate, functional, and rewarding. But when I finally came across Automation, I knew I had found the one. Automation for Jira had everything that the other runners possessed, but without the worrying complexity. It was true love. 
So, that's my story. One marketplace, multiple loves. Pretty fun, huh? I will be sure to keep you posted on how the relationships progress.

6 comments

Comment

PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019
Like Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_ likes this
Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2019

hahahahahaahha one of the best stories that i have ever heard.

Well to admit it too... i'm also in love with our beloved Jira! 

PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2019

Thx Christos.

Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 5, 2019

@PJ Wysota,

Thanks for sharing your story! We're happy that Issue Templates made you love Jira even more than before :) But could you please correct our company's name in the text?

Like PJ Wysota likes this
PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2019

Done

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2019

@PJ Wysota 

nice read, thanks for sharing!

PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2019

Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events