Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from a legacy Excel-centric system to Confluence

Hi there, I am Ken, a developer in Ricksoft, Inc. I would like to introduce Confluence to companies that have been running their operations mainly on Excel. A company that has been running its business in an Excel-centric manner wanted to make its business run more efficiently by moving away from Excel. Our solution partner or migration project’s leader suggested that they migrate from their legacy system to Atlassian tools.

How can we migrate existing operations that are running on Excel?

1. Analyze existing operations and identify their problems

2. Design a new system to be included in the Atlassian tool

3. Explain to users how to use the new system

It isn't easy to implement all of this for various operations and transition to a new way of doing things all at once! That's why we propose to install a spreadsheet app in Confluence.

The benefits of having a spreadsheet app in Confluence are as follows

• They can get Confluence up and running ahead of schedule

• You will get a familiar interface so you can use existing formulas and equations that you have been using with Excel. By gradually replacing Excel with Confluence's features, they will be able to adapt to the Atlassian’s way of doing things smoothly.

• Excel-depending users will have peace of mind

• Reduce a workload for everyone (solution partners, migration project leaser, and users)

The gradual transition to the new way of doing things with the spreadsheet app will help smooth the transition from Excel-based workflows to Atlassian-based workflows

Excel compatibility apps are the following

I recommend Excel-like Table for Confluence as a spreadsheet app.

This app has the most advanced Excel compatibility needed for a smooth transition, as shown above.

:light_bulb_on: Tips: Differences from solutions using Google Sheets federated apps

Excel-like Tables for Confluence have the following advantages;

• Spreadsheet data is stored in Confluence pages, so data location is clear.

• Use Confluence permissions for viewing and editing as they are, so permissions management is easy.

• The Excel-like feel reduces confusion for existing Excel users.

Excel-like Tables

Google sheets integration apps

View/edit permissions for Spreadsheet

Confluence’s ones

Goole Sheets’s ones

Data Storage

On Confluence page

On Google Sheets

UI feel

Excel-like

Unique to Google Sheets

Disclaimer: I'm from Ricksoft, Inc., the vendor of Excel-like Tables for Confluence.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events