Matching CVS user domain\user to FishEye user to Jira user

Cameron McBride November 15, 2011

Our CVSNT server runs on Windows and we use domain authentication to access the repository. For example Bubba would log in with domain\bubba.

In FishEye, regardless if we use active directory or basic authentication, Bubba's login name is bubba.

In Jira, the users login name is also bubba.

I found the option in FishEye called User Mappings. I was able to use this to map domain\bubba to bubba. Now in FishEye things show Bubba's name.

In Jira I need a similar option. Is there a way to map the Jira user bubba to the FishEye source code domain\bubba?

In the source tab in Jira instead of a pretty name I see:

domain\bubba submitted changeset MAIN:domain\bubba:20111111162659 to MAIN in Repository

1 answer

0 votes
Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2011

Hi pcm2a,

The Jira FishEye Plugin that provides the source tab for your issues does not have this capability. The plugin will match a Jira user with the author field of the commit. But in this case, because the author field is 'domain\bubba', it does not match the Jira user 'bubba' and thus, the plugin defaults to using the author name.

You might like to raise an issue on http://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/FISH for this feature. But keep in mind, FishEye does not expose the user->author mapping, so it is unlikely to be implementable until FishEye does expose that mapping via REST

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events