Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Managing users at your fingertips!๐Ÿ––

Ananjan_miniOrange November 15, 2022

Hello Folks,

Iโ€™m Ananjan from miniOrange. This is my very first article on the Atlassian Community and I look forward to interacting with many of you as my journey begins!

Weโ€™ve recently released 2 new apps on the Atlassian Marketplace namely User Profiles for Jira and User Sync for Jira. Some of you might be confused about what these apps do. I know they sound similar but their functionality and use case is completely different. 

I write this article today to explain the major differences between these two add-ons with the help of use cases and I hope that this article will help you make the right choice ๐Ÿ˜„. 

What is User Profiles? How can it help your organization?

Custom user profile attributes and LDAP sync add-on enhances your Jira User profiles allowing you to add additional attributes to the profile section. You can also sync attributes automatically from LDAP or add values manually into your Jira application. 

Use case: Consider a case where your organizationโ€™s attribute data is stored in the LDAP. Now, with the help of our add-on, the admin can allow users to add personalized attributes like language, location, Department ID, and many more to enhance their profile. On the same note, You can easily sync all your users and their information in seconds using the LDAP sync feature. 

Syncing Jira users is what it's all about, right? 

Jira SCIM Provisioning syncs across Jira and the organizationโ€™s Identity provider and itโ€™s definitely more than just syncing!

The app allows you to sync user & group information from providers like Azure AD, Okta, Onelogin, G Suite, etc. with Jira. Sync can be performed manually, automatically, or during user login.

Use case: This add-on saves you a bunch load of licensing costs and automates user management in Jira. It's like catching two birds with one stone. The admin has to only manage users (Creation, Deactivation, Updation) on the IDP side and the same user details will be synced to Jira. Thus, resulting in reducing the manual hassle for user management in Jira. In case of user deactivation in IDP, the add-on gives the provision either to delete or deactivate the user in Jira which cuts down the unnecessary access and leads to saving licensing costs.

I hope this article helps you to choose the appropriate add-on based on your use case!

Get a free trial of Jira User Sync and Jira User Profiles today! 

Reach out to us here for any questions or custom use cases at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com๐Ÿ–๏ธ

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events