I could really use your advice here.
I'm new to Jira and trying to find a solution to this challenge.
- Project has multiple releases;
- A release corresponds to a stand-alone, long-term supported product;
- A bug can affect multiple project releases;
- For different project releases, there could be different bug owners, issue progress, issue resolution;
- Must see bug status/progress over all releases (eg: in a nice table);
- The sweet point between user friendliness and setup easiness would be that I don't need custom-written plugins unless impossible otherwise;
My solution through an example
Take several releases: 1.0, 1.1, 2.0.
Have a separate issue for each release.
A bug is found in version 1.1.
Create a Bug issue (eg: TheScaryBug) for version 1.1.
Seems it affects versions 1.0 and 2.0 as well.
Clone TheScaryBug for 1.0 and then for 2.0.
This way, all bugs will actually have the same summary.
Aggregated bug view
To see bug status over all releases, I thought of Structure:
- have a structure dedicated for bugs;
- have a Generator which imports all bugs;
- have a Generator which groups by Summary (all issues having same summary fits now);
- add "Affected Versions" & "Status" columns;
Grouping by Summary in Structure doesn't seems possible.
I tried to select Summary field for grouping but couldn't find it.
I created another column which takes value from either "Summary" field or custom formula pointing to summary field. Seems Grouping doesn't care about actual structure columns.
Q1: How can I group by Structure items by summary?
Q2: How would you handle this challenge?
Thank you for your time and input.
Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events