You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.
I could really use your advice here.
I'm new to Jira and trying to find a solution to this challenge.
- Project has multiple releases;
- A release corresponds to a stand-alone, long-term supported product;
- A bug can affect multiple project releases;
- For different project releases, there could be different bug owners, issue progress, issue resolution;
- Must see bug status/progress over all releases (eg: in a nice table);
- The sweet point between user friendliness and setup easiness would be that I don't need custom-written plugins unless impossible otherwise;
My solution through an example
Take several releases: 1.0, 1.1, 2.0.
Have a separate issue for each release.
A bug is found in version 1.1.
Create a Bug issue (eg: TheScaryBug) for version 1.1.
Seems it affects versions 1.0 and 2.0 as well.
Clone TheScaryBug for 1.0 and then for 2.0.
This way, all bugs will actually have the same summary.
Aggregated bug view
To see bug status over all releases, I thought of Structure:
- have a structure dedicated for bugs;
- have a Generator which imports all bugs;
- have a Generator which groups by Summary (all issues having same summary fits now);
- add "Affected Versions" & "Status" columns;
Grouping by Summary in Structure doesn't seems possible.
I tried to select Summary field for grouping but couldn't find it.
I created another column which takes value from either "Summary" field or custom formula pointing to summary field. Seems Grouping doesn't care about actual structure columns.
Q1: How can I group by Structure items by summary?
Q2: How would you handle this challenge?
Thank you for your time and input.
To group by any text field, you should select "Group by" - Text Attribute and then select Summary in the drop-down of attributes.