Looking for Options for HR Forms

Matt Pinelle December 28, 2020

Hello,

I am wanting to setup new hire and off-boarding forms in Jira where an approver is required. Basically what I am looking for is a way to have the form ask for approval from the submitters supervisor. Is there an app that will allow for us to setup some sort of workflow like this using forms? I have looked into ProForma forms but in the quick demo they have I didn't find a way to setup approval routing or workflows. 

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

3 comments

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2020

Hi @Matt Pinelle 

you wouldn’t use the form to set the approval but the workflow in jira. 
there you can add an approval step to one of the statusses.

the request would be submitted and then the approver would need to approve before it continues on to the next status. 

a service request with approval is a standard process. 
but you can add it to any stage in your workflow. 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-an-approval-to-a-workflow/

how to choose the correct approver that’s something else. You can have an agent select one. 
Or the requester needs to select their supervisor. 
Or if u have a cmdb/automation that can be automated if u have the hierarchy somewhere defined. 

Matt Pinelle December 28, 2020

Thank you Dirk, this is very helpful!

Deleted user December 28, 2020
Simon H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2020

Hi @Matt Pinelle, in the paid version of ProForma you can definitely link a user lookup question on a form to the Approver field in Jira. This should allow the user to select their supervisor/approver.

There are two use cases on how to use ProForma for onboarding team members, one is for a shared project which multiple teams access and the other is where a form is copied into multiple projects.  The associated workflow is available on the Marketplace. These might give you some ideas of how ProForma can help.

Like Deleted user likes this
Matt Pinelle December 29, 2020

Thank you Simon. We were thinking of testing ProForma so I am glad to hear this.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events