Paresh Joshi July 30, 2019

Hi,

Is there a way I can reset password of Zephyr Test Case Importer utility? I am using cloud version and I had uploaded many test cases in past with Username, Password, Access Key and Secret key. However I do not recall my password and would like to know if there is a way to reset it. I tried resetting Jira password but that does not help.

This is the error - Unexpected Response Code 401.

logs

2019-07-30 10:20:56,704 WARN [AWT-EventQueue-0] ConfiguredHttpClient.handleResponse(1097) | Authentication error: Unable to respond to any of these challenges: {oauth=WWW-Authenticate: OAuth realm="https%3A%2F%2Fhbcdigital.atlassian.net"}

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2019

Hi Paresh,

I see that you are trying to use the zephyr importer to add some data into a Jira Cloud site, but are seeing an HTTP 401 error upon trying to do so.

I'm no expert on the function of this utility, but from reviewing the documentation on it in https://bitbucket.org/zfjdeveloper/zfj-importer/wiki/Home, I suspect that this utility is still trying to use the basic auth method with a password for your Jira Cloud site.  If that is the case, then you should be aware that Atlassian Cloud products recently deprecrated the ability to use password in basic auth for REST API.  More details in Deprecation notice - Basic authentication with passwords and cookie-based authentication.

There are other ways to make basic auth calls to Jira Cloud, but they require the use of an API Token, and that token has to be used in creating a specific base64 string explained in Basic auth for REST APIs.

It looks like this utility will need an update to the code to be able to connect to Jira Cloud today.  However I am uncertain where exactly to direct a request to update that specific repo.  Perhaps reaching out to Zephyr support directly in https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=zephyr might be able to provide you with some more details about that utility that could help here further.

Regards,

Andy

Paresh Joshi July 31, 2019

Thank you Andy for the your time and details. It really helped. I am reaching to Zephyr support for further updates. 

Like Eswari mudaddla likes this
Milger September 6, 2019

Hi Paresh, did you get any update about this authentication error from Zephyr support?

Chathura Abeywickrama October 23, 2019

Hello @Paresh Joshi  Did you found solution for this ? 

Antonio Francis December 18, 2019

Hi,

I had a similar issue as I had to create an API token and use that as the password. I also had to update to the newest version of Java.

After doing all that it finally worked.

I also reached out to Zephyr support and they couldn't find anything. I then decided to see if it was the java version being out of date and it was. This happened around the same time as you experienced the problem.

Tony.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events