Jira automaton - copying all labels excluding certain exceptions

Itai Etzman February 24, 2022

Hi There.

I have set up automations to copy labels from a parent epic / story, but there are some labels I do not want to copy to the children as it makes it difficult for other team members who look at everything.

So what I want to do is still copy all the labels from the parent, but exclude certain labels if they are in there.

Thanks

Itai

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2022

Hi @Itai Etzman and welcome to the community,

within the action "Edit issue" where you also choose to copy labels from parent there is also an option to delete values. Those values/labels you don´t want to be in the issue can be added there and will be deleted (see screenshot)

image.png

Hope this helps.

Best
Stefan

Itai Etzman March 2, 2022

Hi Stefan.

Thanks for the response. I attempted to do this as below:

Screenshot 2022-03-03 152108.png

However, when I did a test, it still copied the label "R&D-Unassessed" to the child.

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2022

Hi @Itai Etzman 

all the other labels are deleted correctly? hm.....that´s kinda strange as it does exactly what expected in my environment.

For better investigation:
Could you please send a screenshot of your automation rule and if possible from the issues as well?

Best
Stefan

Itai Etzman March 6, 2022

Hi Stefan.

Sorry, I meant that the label I tested wasn't removed from the children. Not that the other ones were. The issue would happen for any of the children.

The other concern is if I change another label within the epic, and then have one of these labels assigned to the children, it would incorrectly remove that too.

Regards

Itai

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2022

Hi,

yeah guess I got you right. So there was 1 label still copied even expected to be deleted, right?

Still I don‘t get your second concern with an example?

Please also provide screenshots as mentioned in my former reply. This makes it easier to understand the problem and finding a solution/a cause for the behaviour.

Best
Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events