Jira ScriptRunner: is there any way to allow only one execution of the listener script at a moment?

Nazmus Sadat June 21, 2021

Hello everybody,

I am working on a ScriptRunner listener script. This listener is executed on “Issue Created” event, and based on some search criteria it adds that issue’s description as a comment to a matched issue (if found), and finally deletes the redundant issue. This listener works fine when I manually test it in my dev cloud instance. 

However, in the  production environment, issue basically gets created from incoming emails from another source. When the system receives multiple emails concurrently, the listener script starts multiple executions in parallel, and the final result does not match with the expected.

Is there any way to instruct the listener script to complete the ongoing execution before starting the next execution?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Kabir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2021

Hi @Nazmus Sadat 

Thank you for your question.

This means that as Jira is Asynchronous that one script could complete before another script as the API's of one script could return before the other script is completed and this means that it is not possible to have scripts that depend on another script having completed first with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud.

Meaning, you cannot specify the order script listener in as they are fired as when we received the webhook event that triggers them off of Atlassian. 

I hope this information helps.

Thank you. 

Kind Regards

Kate

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events