Jira (Issue type Test) "Status = Done or Accepted" VS "Executed By = Test Executor" Passed Test

Sanjay Mukherjee October 29, 2021

For a Jira issue type = Test, we want to be able to filter the actual executor / "executed by" filed in order to create a filter in Jira that will show me a list of Actual Test Executors who actually lets say, "Passed" their Tests but forgot to move the status of the Parent Jira from WIP -> Done/Accepted. But when i want to incorporate this in my JQL why is it that the XRay filed "Executed By" not available in JQL space? Or am i missing something?

Please help. Thank you.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2021

Hi @Sanjay Mukherjee ,

Please check @Gaurav's answer; it is the right approach for the cloud since Xray Cloud does not have custom fields due to the Cloud architecture. So as an alternative, please use reports for this purpose, in this case, the "Test Runs List report."

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2021

Hello @Sanjay Mukherjee 

From the XRay documentation, I could deduce that the 'Executed By' is not available as a field that can be used in a JQL statement.

With this being said, I would suggest exploring the 'Test Runs List Report' which is available natively with the plugin and can be filtered on the 'Executed By' column. The details of this report can be found here.

Kindly accept the answer if this helps resolve the use case.

Sanjay Mukherjee February 21, 2022

Thanks for the workaround but it is necessary they include this KEY into the JQL space for robust query utilization.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events