JIRA Service Desk Rule Automation - Parent/Child Relationships

Nicole_Frye June 2, 2020

Hi there,

I am attempting to create an automation rule that would copy a comment from a sub-task and add it to the parent task. I see that there is a functionality for branching/related issues based on this article:

https://blog.codebarrel.io/synchronize-parent-and-sub-task-issues-with-automation-for-jira-bdcca6c9d453

I am not able to see any options for linking as the screenshot below shows the only possible actions:

image.png

I am attempting to recreate the scenario seen below (from another thread -  which shows Parent relationships:

image.png

Is this a feature that is accessible with JIRA Service Desk? If so, what can I do to be able to see and establish this rule with linked relationships.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2020

Hi Nicole - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What I have seen sometimes is that when you come to the rules through the project, it limits some of the options.

Try trimming back the URL so that the last part of it is: cb-jira-automation-rules#!/

Then hit your enter to go to that page. From there edit your rule. 

Nicole_Frye June 3, 2020

Hi John!

Thanks for your response. However, the URL doesn't seem to be too cluttered. There actually isn't any part in the current URL that contains : cb-jira-automation-rules#!/

I attempted to create the rule through Administration --> System --> Automation rules as opposed to creating it in the individual project and am still not able to see "Branch rule / related issues" as an option for a component. 

Do you know of another reason why this component wouldn't be showing up?

Thanks!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2020

Are you using Cloud or Server?

If Server - are you using the Lite version? Or full product?

Nicole_Frye June 3, 2020

Server - Automation Lite

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2020

That's why. Here is a comparison of the Free (Lite) and Paid versions:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/getting-the-right-version-993924597.html

Nicole_Frye June 3, 2020

Ah, yes. There it is. Thanks for your help!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 3, 2020

I think you would find that the paid version will pay for itself if you end up going that route.  :-)

Glad I could help a little bit!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events