Issue/Bug Reporting

Tony Barbieri November 15, 2012

Does/Will Stash have any concept of Issue Tracking/Bug reporting? Something similar to Github's Issue tracking where an issue can be closed and point to the commit that closed it.

Would we also have to purchase Jira if we wanted this kind of feature if we decide to purchase Stash? Is there a lighter weight Bug/Issue tracking tool that integrates with Stash?

Thanks!

-tony

3 answers

1 vote
Geoff Gedde March 19, 2014

I am deeply disappointed. I too thought that if I integrate JIRA with Stash that I would be able to create issues within Stash. That does not seem to be the case. You have to use JIRA separately then link to the issue within the Stash commit. To be honest this isn't very useful to me. I don't need a lot of features and I am willing to pay for an add-on. Honestly, JIRA should be the only add-on you need to get this function. I just need to be able to create an issue in Stash and comment on them and resolve them. They should be open for the public to create issues as well. Just like BIt Bucket does would be Awesome.

Why was this not thought of?

0 votes
Liuba Bulavynets
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 14, 2017

Dear my Friends U have Ui Bug  on Fronted lavel. Ui Problem.pngUntitled.png

0 votes
Jens Schumacher [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2012

Hi Tony,

We don't have plans to add issue tracking/bug reporting to Stash. JIRA integrates tightly with Stash and can keep track of all commits related to an issue. You can find out more about JIRA's integration with Stash under:

http://www.atlassian.com/software/stash/overview/jira-dvcs-repository-integration

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jens

Tony Barbieri November 21, 2012

I've tried integrating Jira with Stash but I'm a bit lost. I can't seem to see the code when in jira and there doesn't seem to be a way to quickly add an issue from within Stash. How deep is the integration at this point? Do I need a special plugin? I've set them both up as Application linked.

Thanks!

-tony

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

You should just be able to set them up as application links and then when you have references a JIRA issue key in a commit, you will see that commit in that JIRA issues's source tab.

You can't create an issue from Stash though. Stash's commits page has a column showing the JIRA issue keys associated with each commit which you can click on to get to JIRA

TimP
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2012

@Tony one thing that trips up users sometimes is that JIRA integration will only kick in on the first push to the repository *after* you've created the application link from Stash to JIRA. This is done for performance reasons.

If you're still having integration problems please raise an issue in the Stash project at https://support.atlassian.com and our friendly support engineers will help you out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events