Is there any Budget Tracker and Payment Management extension for Jira?

joao_silva April 14, 2021

I thought Tempo would be a good solution but it only keeps track of the budget of a project. I'm looking for an extension that has that functionality and a payment management fucntion aswell. 

P.e.: I want to keep track of when and how much the client has to pay me in X time and what remains of payment. Also want to check how the payment was made, etc.

Is there any solution?

Thank you in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 14, 2021

Hi, @joao_silva!

Probably you can use the Clerk Invoices Jira app. It helps generate invoices from Jira and Tempo worklogs, track their payment status and track the due amounts per client, per month or per year. It doesn't cover all your use cases but covers most of them. 

I'm the developer of this app, so you can ask me any questions!

You can also consider using some external accounting software like Xero or QuickBooks Online and integrate Clerk Invoices with it.

UPM Banner.png

joao_silva April 27, 2021

Hello Anton, thank you for your reply.

I tried Clerk and i've some questions:

- If i receive only a partial payment of a project can i deduct that value in QUickbooks?

- Any way i can manage monhtly/yearly subscriptions using Clerk?

- Can i see how much is due by each project even if it's from the same client?

Thank you in advance.

Like Anton Skorniakov likes this
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 27, 2021

Hi, @joao_silva!

Thanks for the questions!

1. Yes, QuickBooks supports partial payments for invoices. That happens in the QuickBooks app for invoices generated by the Clerk. In the current version of Clerk Invoices, you can set only fully paid status.
  2. Currently, that could be done by creating an invoice template for every client that has a monthly subscription and you can generate all invoices for all clients from that templates in 1 click every month. A yearly subscription will require manual work, you need to create such invoices manually once per year for every client. We have in plans similar functionality to automate this. Could you please share your use case that we could better understand how are you going to use it? What are you charging for? How many clients do you have? Etc.
  3. Currently, you can't. Unfortunately. You can only view the total due per client, month, or year.
joao_silva April 28, 2021

Hello!

Answering your question, we charge each customer yearly for Domain Renewals, we've dozens of customers and i needed control of those subscriptions, a report where i could see what subscriptions i have due for each month, their value and if they're paid or not. 

Like Anton Skorniakov likes this
Anton Skorniakov
Marketplace Partner
April 28, 2021

Thanks, @joao_silva! We have put your voice for the recurring invoices feature in our backlog. Will keep you posted!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events