Is there a way to configure which boards will appear in my project?

Yoav Friedman February 16, 2021

I see now many boards not only from my project

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2021

Hi @Yoav Friedman

I understood your question so that somebody included your project in their filter and now the list of boards is polluting your screen.

There has been several discussions on this, I picked one:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-Can-I-edit-quot-boards-in-this-project-quot-to-exclude-a/qaq-p/581832

The essence is that you cannot prevent Jira from doing so - but you could ask the other individual to adapt their filter so your project is not included.
Please correct me if I'm wrong with understanding your concern.

Regards,
Daniel

Yoav Friedman February 17, 2021

I think you understood correctly, but can you please guide me how it happens, I didnt use any filters on my board, just simple

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

A different user is including your project in their JQL query - in case we are talking about the same thing.
In case you can clarify with a screenshot we could be of more certainty.

Yoav Friedman February 17, 2021

What I marked in red are boards not from my project

2021-02-17_15h47_09.png

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 17, 2021

Yes, that is how it is designed. As long as you have rights to the underlying board's filter this is expected behaviour.
It is intended to let you quickly switch between boards - that a good portion is of no use is unfortunate but how it is designed. I know it from my own daily usage - it just works like that.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2021

Hi Yoav - You would use the Location field in the board settings of the board to have the board show up under that project.

Be aware that you cannot use the Location field for JSM, Next-gen, or Business projects. So pretty much, just Classic Software projects. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events