Introducing Foxly - Jira Backlog Prioritization app πŸš€

Hi community!

I'm excited to announce the public launch of our new Jira app that helps with project planning and prioritization πŸ‘‰ Foxly - Backlog Priority Scoring.

Hero3 – 3.png

From my own experience, backlog prioritization and grooming can be a real can of worms. Dealing with different stakeholders, ensuring everyone's opinion is heard, bringing in customer feedback, figuring out how to introduce your customer data to make more data-driven decisions and many many more.

You might already try to use some of the prioritization frameworks that are out there like ICE, RICE, WSJF or Value vs Effort and Priority Matrix.

These frameworks help you bring the system into your prioritization and help you look at the issue from different angles.

How does it work?

The idea is simple. You have a few metrics that you fill and these are then used to calculate the priority score.

Let me give you a quick example of the ICE method.

ICE stands for Impact, Confidence and Effort. You are going to be asking:

• how this change contributes to our goal,
  • how confident am I about it,
  • how difficult it is/how long it takes.

Once you answer all these questions the priority score is calculated:

ICE SCORE = Impact*Conficence*Effort

The priority score than helps you make better-informed decisions. But don't forget that every team and project is different. You can always go and use one of these frameworks as a base and adapt it to your own needs.

And here comes Foxly! 🦊

Because spreadsheets get lost and what is not in Jira doesn't count for many of us 😁 we created the Jira prioritization plugin that:

• gives you the freedom to choose the prioritization framework you want (ICE, RICE, WSJF, Value vs Effort)

• allows you to customize and create a new prioritization template with your own metrics and scoring formula

• has an interactive priority table where you can assign values for the metrics and score is calculated real-time

• creates Priority Matrix where you can faster spot quick wins

• has plenty of filters to help you get the view you need

• shows score in issue detail and you can also adjust metrics from there

Hero1 – 1.png

You can see Foxly is making the prioritization process in Jira more systematic but also fast.

Go and give it a try πŸ‘‰ it’s available now on Atlassian marketplace for Jira Cloud.

And if you have any feedback let us know! As I said we just launched and we’re ready to hear what you think and improve.

PS. Be careful it’s a bit addictive πŸ€“

8 comments

Comment

Mikhail Paulse February 8, 2021

Hello,

Is there any way to a priority score as a custom field in Jira advanced roadmaps? (Plans)

I got an error saying that my version of advanced roadmaps does not support this custom field type.

Like β€’ Dave likes this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

Hi Mikhail,

I briefly looked at the configuration of the Priority Score custom field and noticed that the field is labelled as "locked" and assigned a custom field type when it was generated by Foxly so no-one accidentally deletes this field.

The advance roadmap does not seem to like this setting and that's why it doesn't allow you to select the field.

I'll pass this to our development team to look if there is a way to change settings of this custom field so it's supported by Plans. I tracked down the support ticket you raised, we'll re-open it and keep you posted on progress.

Nikki

Like β€’ # people like this
Mikhail Paulse February 16, 2021

Thank you, Nikki!

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

Hi Mikhail,

we introduced a custom field with a Priority score that can be used in the Advanced roadmaps, it's called "Priority Score for Advanced Roadmaps". If you need any help or have any questions you can always let us know on our support portal.

Thank you, Nikki

Deleted user January 17, 2022

@Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ Is your add-in available for Jira Server/Data Center?

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 17, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ,

Thank you for your question! Foxly is currently available for Jira Cloud only.

We're focusing on providing the best experience on Jira Cloud meeting all security programs for marketplace vendors and moving Foxly to Data Centre isn't currently on our roadmap.

We'll let you know if anything changes.

Cory Smith February 17, 2022

Any plans on integrating into Confluence? 

Like β€’ Cliff Heyne likes this
Natascha Westendorp March 3, 2023

For us the tool is working terribly:

• When raking the tickets it always gives a score of 0, the customised ranking is set up, but this feature is not working
  • When a ticket is ranked, the ranking is not being saved. The score disappears again when refreshing or going to another page.
  • When scoring from a ticket, the score is continuously being removed

Are there any fixes planned on these issues?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events