Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insight will not work without JIRA Service Management

Olle Friman January 26, 2021

I was reading FAQ Will Insight work with JIRA DC (see the tab "Will Insight - Asset Management and Insight Discovery work with JIRA Software Data Center).

It looks like Insight will be removed from JIRA DC and will only be available included in a JIRA Service Management license. This will be the only option from JIRA 8.15 and later.

We have built up our JIRA instance for over 17 years. From 2007 we built our own JIRA Service Management and Service Desk functionality. It works very well, so the need for JIRA SM is very little. Working closely with Riada we were also relative early adopters of Insight and we are now using it for many important services.

This Insight change is just the last Atlassian change in the many recent negative changes for a customer like us. Forcing us to the cloud with increased costs is just another. Now it looks like we are being forced to buy JIRA Service Management just to be able to use Insight.

Does anyone recognize themselves?

Is there an explanation for the Insight changes that I have missed, which could ease up the challenges we have. 

2 comments

Comment

Olle Friman January 27, 2021

I have been informed that only the lowest agent tier of JIRA Service Management would be required. I hope that is true and will be reflected in the official FAQ.

Alejandro Davila February 4, 2021

i´m in the same situation. is very frustrating

Like Olle Friman likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events