In Confiforms, is there a way to validate a user list?

fbunting December 17, 2021

I have a Confiforms form with a field of type User (multi-select). This is working great, and a person can populate this field with a list of users, and edit the field to add or delete users from the list.

Occasionally, the value of this field (the list) will contain one or more invalid users. This happens when a previously valid user leaves our company and their account is deactivated.

I would like to add a validation rule to detect an invalid user-list (a list containing one or more invalid users) upon Submit, and display an error message, so that the person saving the record is required to fix it (and remove the invalid user(s) from the list) before submitting.

Is there a way to do this?

Alternatively, is there a way to compare two such user-list fields UserListA and UserListB to verify that every name in UserListA is also contained in UserListB (which may contain some additional users)?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2021

Hi

I dont think we have a good way to do that. Was thinking of checking if the user belongs to a user group, but that is tricky on multi-user field

We will extend the function to work on a multi-user field, which will allow you to check if all the users in the field belong to a group or not.

Then, it is a matter of fining the common group all your users are members of.

I am talking about this function https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Virtual+functions

userInSecurityGroup

Alex

fbunting January 13, 2022

Thanks, Alex.

In my case I would just want to check if a user is (or all the users in a user-list are) in the system confluence-users group.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2022

Since version 2.24.2 https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-Version2.24.2 you can use the above mentioned function on multi-user fields directly

mymultiuserfield.userInSecurityGroup(confluence-users):true

will check all the users stored in mymultiuserfield if they belong to "confluence-users" group

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events