I can't find my custom fields (Account from Tempo) in the new issue view

Cristina Romero August 7, 2018

Hi,

I had a custom field configured in all my projects (field Account, from the Tempo addon) and in the new issue view I can't find it, even when showing all the fields, or when expanding the Tempo section.

It's configured under Project settings > Screens, and it's visible when creating a new issue. It's just not visible in the new issue view.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Cristina.

3 answers

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2018

Hi Cristina,

Here a screenshot, even if you're an admin make sure you have the edit permission in the project to make the edit button appear.

Capture.PNG

Let me know if it's ok.

Sorry for my english isn't my native language

Regards

Cristina Romero September 5, 2018

Hi Mohamed, 

Your English is good, no worries!

The screenshot you sent is from the old Issue View. I'm having issues with the New Issue View. I'm not able to see the 'Account' field in the New Issue View.

I'm an admin (Jira and project), and I have edit permissions. In this screenshot you can see the options I see when I use the old or the new issue views:

Old-New_IssueView.png

Thanks again.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2018

Hi,

You are on Jira cloud ? Im workinf on jira software, coul you try to press dot on the ticket view, you'll have a dialog box like this oneCapture.PNGCan you search the Account field here ?

Hi,

I'm on Jira Cloud.

From that dialog box I can access the different configuration pages for the fields, custom fields, etc. The field is configured. 

DotMenu.PNG   

It's displayed using the Old Issue View. The problem is that the field is not displayed when using the New Issue View.

account.png

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2018

Hi,

Did press the dot button when viewing an issue ?

Cristina Romero September 25, 2018

Hello Mohamed,

Yes, in the comment above you can see the screenshot of the menu when pressing the dot button.

Could you please send me a screenshot of the new issue view with a custom field?

Thanks in advance.

Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2018

Cristina -

Mohamed mentioned checking permissions for the project. Can you navigate to Project Settings -> Permissions and verify that either the group or role for administrator is listed for Administer Project and Edit issues?

I am able to see custom fields in our cloud instance.

screenshot.PNGscreenshot3.PNGscreenshot2.PNG

Cristina Romero September 26, 2018

Hi Jan, thanks for your answer.

The screenshot you sent is of the OLD issue view. My problem is in the NEW issue view.

In my second comment of Sept 5th I added a screenshot of displaying the two different views. 

I am a site admin, Jira admin and project admin. All the permissions are set. I do see my Account (custom) field using the OLD issue view. But since Jira launched the NEW issue view some months ago (which is now the default one, and soon it will be made obsolete and won't be available anymore), I'm not able to see the Account field, even though my issues have it filled in. All my Product Owners are getting crazy because they need to see that field, as it's used to log hours in each project, which they use to monitor their budgets. 

In this screenshot you can see how the Account custom field is displayed in the OLD issue view but not if I switch to the new one.

Old_new_issue_view.png

Jan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

Cristina -

In this article, under What's Changed title, Look at number 4 on the screen shot (and it's description below the screenshot). Perhaps that may assist with locating the field. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html

Regards,
Jan

0 votes

Hi Mohamed,

I don't find either the Edit option in the new issue view. I can edit all the fields (even the extra ones when showing more), but I don't have the modal/pop-up to edit the entire issue where the 'Configure Fields' option in available.

When disabling the new issue view, I do have access to the 'Configure Fields', and my 'Account' field is visible in the (old) issue view.

Could you please send a screenshot of accessing the 'Configure Fields' in the new issue view?

Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 4, 2018

Hello

Can you go to the issue, edit, and click on configure fields on the right top> where is my field, it you let you know what is missing

Sans titre.png

Kind regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events