How to update a field based on filled cascading field using Jira automation?

Danilo Simic February 21, 2022

I need to set a automation rule which does the following: When a user creates a new issue and selects the service and product area (cascading field), the squad (list field) need to be automatically filled.

I can not find a way to do this. Is there a way to just write the raw code for the automation or do I always have to use the predefined automation option in Jira Software?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2022

Hi @Danilo Simic  and welcome to the community,

guess there is no other way round than working with IF/ELSE blocks. Please have a look at this question where we discussed a solution that seems very similar to your problem/requirement.

I´m not familiar with Scriptrunner but I guess with Scriptrunner you could just write your automation in raw code.

Best
Stefan

Charlie Gavey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2022

Hi there,

I’ve linked your suggestion to a related feature request, which counts as an upvote for this ticket:

https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-327

Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,

Charlie

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Danilo Simic February 23, 2022

This is it, I completed the automation rule and it works like it should.

Thank you very much, I wish you all the best.

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2022

Aswesome. Great to hear it works ;)

All the best for you too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events