How to send issue key as a link when customer creates a ticket

Rohit Singh August 4, 2022

Hi There,

I am looking to insert the issue key as a link in the automated response. However, I cannot find the issue key as a link.

Below is the automated test which we receive whenever a customer creates a request.

"Thank you for getting in touch.

This is an automated response to your contact for help regarding Not enough traction in sand

.There is no need to reply to this message right now. Your ticket has been assigned an ID of BB-8.

Please include the string BB-8 in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue. "

I want the BB-8 issue id as a hyperlink, not text so customers can click and access the portal.

Thanks

Rohit

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

Hi Rohit - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Use this: 

<a href="{{issue.toUrl}}">{{issue.summary}}</a>

You can change summary to key if you would rather just show the issue key instead of the summary. 

0 votes
Sue Wilson August 4, 2022

Hi @Rohit Singh 

You should be able to adjust the email content similar to this:

"....Your ticket has been assigned an ID of {{issue.key}}.  Please include the string {{issue.key}} in the subject line of all future correspondence....."

You can do the same for the Subject line of the email:

"We have received your request: {{issue.key}}"

I hope this helps.

Rohit Singh August 4, 2022

It comes like this as static text "Your ticket has been assigned an ID of  BB-8.  Please include the string  BB-8 in the subject line of all future correspondence.." while I want this to come like as a clickable link (hyperlink to that issue) so user can click the same and reach the portal.

Sue Wilson August 4, 2022

My apologies.  Try {{issue.url}} in place of {{issue.key}}.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events