How to see the report of logged time

Adib Toriq October 31, 2021

Hi,
I see there is a time tracking feature in JIRA Software, but I failed to see any built-in report to see the logged time for each issue/team. Is there any step that I missed? Even an excel file will be great :)

Edit: I just realized that I post this in the wrong section. I can't delete it. So ...sorry.

8 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adib Toriq November 3, 2021

I tried to contact Jira support, and I've already gotten the answer. For everyone who just tries to use JIRA, there are built-in reports that can only be accessed in company-managed projects but not in Team-managed projects.

If you're using a team-managed project and would like to switch to a company-managed project, please follow this guide.

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2023

what's the answer then?

Like Ioana Frincu likes this
4 votes
William Wilson September 15, 2023

Why is it that, when someone asks for a common sense solution on something that *SHOULD* work, out of the box, the answer here is always "Spend money on our Partner's Marketplace App"?

I mean.. Jira has a time tracking feature. Why is it so damned hard for someone to say "If you want to generate a report based on time tracking, you can find it under "Forecast & management Reports on Company Managed projects!"

reports.png
Time Tracking.png
Time Tracking 02.pngTime Tracking 03.png

(We have not done a great job of using this yet, because my users believe, and were never corrected, they have to purchase an add-on for time tracking. I am now attempting to re-educate them.)

We don't NEED their damned apps.

While I have a respect for the authors of these marketplace add-ons, and the gaps they often fill, it's grotesque that Atlassian sells you a product at substantial cost, that consistently feels incomplete, and then allows you to be directed to the marketplace to spend more money on something that is presented as complete, but often does not feel like it, or leaves us with gaps.

I wouldn't take issue with utilizing a marketplace as the stop-gap for Atlassian's shortcomings... or our own inadequacy, except for the fact that Atlassian continues to sell their product, priced as a complete solution, when the answer to MOST questions is "If you want to do something that feels natural in this software but can't? PAY FOR AN ADD-ON!"

IMPORTANTLY: The fine and wonderful people contributing to our community certainly deserve to be compensated... When EXTENDING the functionality and utility of the product. But NOT when it's to provide or replicate a feature that is, or should already be built into the product.

We pay a premium for a product, and then being told we have to pay more in the marketplace to resolve the shortfalls of base features like "time tracking"... so that we can generate reports on the already built-in "time tracking" mechanism, in a software designed specifically for product lifecycle tracking, is absolutely absurd!

I mean, doesn't the following SOUND absurd when you read it in your own head?
"Here's the tools to track your time. If you want to generate an effective report on that time tracked... you're going to have to purchase an add-on."

It sounds absurd to me!

4 votes
Nataliya Vasyliv_Reliex_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2021

Hi @Adib Toriq 
Welcome to a community. 
You may try ActivityTimeline app. It provides clear visibility of your resources’ activities. The reports can be used to see the logged time for issue/project by user or team.  
For example, issue progress report represents the collected data about JIRA tickets, a person who was the last assignee, Start and End Dates, Original and Remaining Estimates, Time Spent (logged work), Issue Summary and Status, and so on.
2021-11-02_19h00_14.png
Feel free to ask any additional questions or check out all features of our app on ActivityTimeline page.

3 votes
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 2, 2021

Hi @Adib Toriq , nice to meet you! I would like to invite you to check out our app - Worklogs Time Tracking and Reports. You can learn more about it here.

While Jira provides you with a feature to log time spent on specific issues, it is impossible to view a report of it, besides the issue view. Our app was designed to provide custom reports based on those Jira Time Logs. So, if you are already using them, than you can use our app to create reports, for example of how much time did you spent on specific issue types:

It also allows you to easily overview on your projects tasks, by simple click you can open Jira issues, see Time Log Description or Original estimate of the task.

All reports can also be exported to XLSX file or added to a dashboard in a gadget. 

gadget.png

Hope it helps! 

0 votes
Miron Ivano _Timescale_
Marketplace Partner
December 19, 2023

Hi, you would need to use a time tracking addon for JIRA.  Our customer really like the team or the users timesheets reports across projects in Timescale:

2ba095bd-4d81-4f38-a3dd-56162e793785.gif

0 votes
Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
December 4, 2023

Hello @Adib Toriq !

I wanted to share an alternative solution developed by my team called Cost Tracker for Jira Cloud. This add-on is specifically designed to assist with budget planning and provides robust features for generating cost and time reports.IMG_0384.jpeg

One of the key features of Cost Tracker is the ability to apply filters to include specific issues in your cost report. By using filters, you can easily separate the issues you want to include in the report from others, ensuring accuracy and relevance.

The calculation principle of Cost Tracker is straightforward: People logs * People rates + Direct expenses. This allows you to accurately calculate both company and project costs, providing valuable insights into your budget utilization.

Furthermore, Cost Tracker seamlessly integrates with Tempo Worklogs and other add-ons, ensuring compatibility with your preferred time-tracking tool.

If you have any further questions or need assistance, please feel free to reach out.

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
November 2, 2021

Hi @Adib Toriq 

As an alternative, you can try out our app

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

Worklogs & Time tracking Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features. Export to csv format is also available. You can filter based on worklogs time period as well.

Along with this there are multiple other features like Time in Status, Links Hierarchy, Epic Hierarchy etc which the app provides.

Worklogs Report.png

0 votes
Maria
Marketplace Partner
November 1, 2021

Hi @Adib Toriq, It's Tania from the Planyway team :) If you need a simple and user-friendly tool that would export your Jira work logs to Excel, Planyway could be of help! It'll sync with your Jira work logs, so you can easily see and export them from Planyway. You can also track time right from Planyway as well. Hope you give it a try (there's a free 30-day trial period). I'll be here if any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events