How to report and link bugs to test executions with QAlity Plus

Keeping track of bugs reported during test executions is an important part of assuring the quality of the product. It can help us make sure that the bugs are appropriately taken care of. Additionally, we can use this information for further analysis, such as which parts of the system are causing the most problems. Testers can also use this knowledge for any subsequent tests, first to not duplicate already existing bugs, second to understand which problems tend to come back (regressions).

This guide explains how you can easily report and link bugs during test executions using QAlity Plus - Test Management for Jira - a tool that boosts the efficiency of testers and gives the whole team visibility into the testing status.

1. Enter the test execution

You can execute a test in QAlity Plus either directly via a test case, or via a testing cycle.

To execute a test from the test case view, enter the test case menu, and select Execute

testcase.png

To execute a test via a testing cycle, go to the test cycle, select the test cases tab, and then click EXecute in Cycle next to the test that you want to execute.

Screenshot from 2021-06-11 16-34-57.png

2. Click on the + icon in the bugs column

Once you spot a bug during the test execution, you can create a bug directly from your current test execution. To do so click on the + icon that is located on the Bugs column and then click on +Create New. You will be shown a standard Jira issue creation dialog. Once you are done filling in the details for your bug, create the issue, and it will be automatically linked to your test execution step!

report-bug-qalityplus.gif

If you know that a bug you encountered already exists in the team's backlog, you can instead choose to search and link the bug, instead of creating a new one. This helps avoid having multiple Jira issues to tackle the same problem and keeps your backlog clean. To search for a bug to link, simply start typing the issue key or issue summary into the Search bugs… input. 

searchbugs.png

3. Easily access status of reported bugs

Once your bugs are linked to test execution steps, you can easily track their status. While you browse the test execution, hover over the link in the Bugs column and you will be shown all of the bugs reported in this step including their status.

Screenshot from 2021-06-11 16-58-30.png

In addition to this, you also have an insight into all bugs that have ever been reported as a part of this test execution. Scroll down to the Previous Executions section to view the list of all reported bugs.

executionsview.png

That wasn’t difficult, was it? QAlity Plus - Test Management for Jira is available on the Atlassian Marketplace for Jira Cloud and Jira Server. 

6 comments

Comment

Ivana Sizer February 26, 2023

Hi, 

I need to run the Tracebility reort  and see the bugs and their severity columns and I am not able to see it there, what am I missing? We are using QAlity, not QAlity Plus. Do I need to upgrade it to QAlity Plus in order to be able to link the bugs??

How to report and link bugs to test executions with QAlity Plus

Many thanks.

Ivana

Sebastian Brudziński
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 27, 2023

Hello @Ivana Sizer 

you are correct, both the traceability report and linking bugs to test execution steps are only available in QAlity Plus.

Bets regards,
Sebastian

Like Ivana Sizer likes this
Ivana Sizer February 28, 2023

Thank you so much Sebastian.

Ivana

Ivana Sizer February 28, 2023

Hi Sebastian, 

another quick question:  How do you gather bus requirements with Jira board when having only Qality plus, which is great, but I am missing capturing the requirements as a part of full-cycle test management for managing the test cases and requirements as well as Jira issues. At the moment, I am missing creation of the test folders covering various epics, like for example the Tricentis Test Management tool brings.

How can I create that sort of test design, with viewing the test folders, I used to have that xray plugin as well in other job. 

Neha Nimgire September 4, 2023

Hi Sebastian, 

I want to know if it is possible to assign a execution user to multiple test cases in the test cycle. This page https://soldevelo.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/QS/pages/3484221592/Assigning+users+to+test+case+execution+PLUS only mentions how you can assign user to each test case one by one. Is there a way to do this in bulk ?

Thanks,

Neha

Michał Kowalewski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2023

Hi @Neha Nimgire and welcome to the community!

I'm happy to inform you that today we implemented a possibility to change the assignee in bulk in the test cycle. Please take a look:

New possibility.gif

We hope you'll like this new feature! Feel free to let me know if you have more questions regarding our products.

Kind regards,
Michał
SolDevelo Team

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events