How to lock down a Sprint so that no more tickets can be assigned to it?

Surinder_Singh August 20, 2012

We are currently using GreenHopper to manage our Sprints.

How can I lock down a Sprint after a Sprint Planning so that no more tickets can be added to the Sprint for the duration of development?

Can I do this by Role?

3 answers

0 votes
YC Lian May 25, 2013

It would be great if the actions to add/edit/delete Sprints and adding/removing tickets to these sprints be pulled into a different role (e.g. ScrumMaster)

Doesn't sound right.

While I understand why some people would not like the Sprint backlog to be adjusted further, but Scrum-by-the-book doesn't discourage us from being pramagtic - Scrum is really about inspect and adapt, not just on the Sprint and daily basis but at any time.

The only people who can add, modify, remove things in the Sprint backlog (during the Sprint Planning and Daily Scrum) are the Developers. They should know best about the situation and priority, and collaborate with the Product Owner whenever necessary. The job of the Scrum Master is to facilitate (and remove impediments), not to have her hands to control.

0 votes
Surinder_Singh May 24, 2013

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the link to the open request. How do I resolve this question?

0 votes
Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2013

Hi Surinder,

The permission to add issues is controlled by the 'Edit Issues' permission in the Project Permissions. You could provide a role with permission to edit issues, this would however also affected other edit actions on those issues.

Cheers,

Paul

Surinder_Singh May 23, 2013

Hi Paul,

Your recommendation does allow me to achieve what I want but it also cripples other roles and their ability to edit issue. I don't think your recommendation is feasible in this scenario.

It would be great if the actions to add/edit/delete Sprints and adding/removing tickets to these sprints be pulled into a different role (e.g. ScrumMaster)

Paul Greig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2013
Surinder, while that is not currently possible as the 'administer projects' permission only controls the add/edit/delete of sprints. I would like to point out an open request to incorporate an additional role for addition and removal of issues to sprints: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5977

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events