Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert a document/macro

Ryan Beymer September 5, 2019

I'm not seeing how a document is inserted. 

I've tried looking in the quick macros '/' and there is nothing there. Then I looked in through each of the categories for the full macro modal and nothing. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 comment

Comment

Peter Natale September 29, 2019

Hi Ryan

I had the same issue, there is nothing in the documentation to help but i stumbled on to it. It is in the Files And Images button on the toolbar, you will see a Google Drive option there that lets you link to an account.

Cheers

Peter

Like Cyndi Edwards likes this
aaron.roller October 30, 2019

I have this and I can see files in my drive, however, it seems only pdf/word docs are found. The Google Docs and Google Drawings are not listed when viewing the folder where they exist.

Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 12.37.59 PM.png

Like # people like this
Bill Harrison January 6, 2021

I am having the same issue.  App installed cleanly but when I click Files&Images/Google Drive none of my Google Sheets show up.  Is there a resolution to this issue?

Like Hannah likes this
Daniel Carter July 29, 2021

when press files and images on the toolbar it just opens a file upload dialog in the browser.  How do i use this thing?

shaderpixel February 2, 2022

As of 02/02/22, to embed Google documents, you have to first paste the link to the document itself. If you haven't link your Drive to preview the doc, you need to do it. Once that's done, when you click on the Drive link, you will get options to change the Display type of the link. Choose Display Embed. See my screenshot. Hope this helps someone. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 4.09.38 PM.png

shaderpixel February 3, 2022

Adding a follow up. Currently there's no formula or formatting toolbars in the embed. It's quite an inconvenience having to switch back and forth just to do formatting and what not. Here's a feature request that anyone can vote to have those features added to the embed: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-73508 Cheers!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events