How to import Baseline Start field from jira to confiforms?

Bill Mills August 12, 2021

I have a form field macro in a tableview, and have named it:

"myfieldname.fields.customfield_11417.name"

I've used this for other field types, but not date fields.  I've tried a few different formats but cannot find the correct way to pick up a date field.  

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2021

Sorry, a bit hard to figure out the context...

You have a field in Jira which you access through

"myfieldname.fields.customfield_11417.name"

How does the "date field" goes into this? What value does this field return (under the "name" property)? And what do you want to do with it?

Alex

Bill Mills August 13, 2021

Customfield_11417 is the 'Baseline Start' date from Jira. I want this confiforms macro to lookup the Jira issue ID (myfieldname) and return the baseline date.  

The above example worked when I was importing status:

"myfieldname.fields.status.name"

And was a bit more complicated to bring in the Sprint field:

"myfieldname.fields.customfield_10005.greenhopperAsJSON.name"  (thanks for helping with this one in the past :) )   

I cannot find or solve the proper way to express looking up the baseline date with the same method. 

Thanks.

Bill Mills August 13, 2021

Just to add to my reply, you mentioned the 'name' property.  I'm looking to have the correct property to bring that date value in.   

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2021

You can see what gets returned via REST API call as shown here - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Accessing+Jira+issue+fields+directly+from+ConfiForms+using+Jira+issue+field

The method explained in the mentioned tutorial should show you what is the structure of "customfield_11417" field and where the value is

Alex

Like Amir likes this
Bill Mills August 16, 2021

Thanks.  Unfortunately I'm not able to get what I need from this.  I've tried many variations of the syntax as listed in the link, related to dates, with zero success. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2021

Could you tell me how the "customfield_11417" field looks like in the returned JSON?

Alex

Like Amir likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events