Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to import Baseline Start field from jira to confiforms?

I have a form field macro in a tableview, and have named it:

"myfieldname.fields.customfield_11417.name"

I've used this for other field types, but not date fields.  I've tried a few different formats but cannot find the correct way to pick up a date field.  

Thanks!

1 answer

Sorry, a bit hard to figure out the context...

You have a field in Jira which you access through

"myfieldname.fields.customfield_11417.name"

How does the "date field" goes into this? What value does this field return (under the "name" property)? And what do you want to do with it?

Alex

Customfield_11417 is the 'Baseline Start' date from Jira. I want this confiforms macro to lookup the Jira issue ID (myfieldname) and return the baseline date.  

The above example worked when I was importing status:

"myfieldname.fields.status.name"

And was a bit more complicated to bring in the Sprint field:

"myfieldname.fields.customfield_10005.greenhopperAsJSON.name"  (thanks for helping with this one in the past :) )   

I cannot find or solve the proper way to express looking up the baseline date with the same method. 

Thanks.

Just to add to my reply, you mentioned the 'name' property.  I'm looking to have the correct property to bring that date value in.   

You can see what gets returned via REST API call as shown here - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Accessing+Jira+issue+fields+directly+from+ConfiForms+using+Jira+issue+field

The method explained in the mentioned tutorial should show you what is the structure of "customfield_11417" field and where the value is

Alex

Like Amir likes this

Thanks.  Unfortunately I'm not able to get what I need from this.  I've tried many variations of the syntax as listed in the link, related to dates, with zero success. 

Could you tell me how the "customfield_11417" field looks like in the returned JSON?

Alex

Like Amir likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Send an Email or Publish to Confluence - What should you do with your release notes?

Background When you hear the words ‘Release notes’, almost always you think of an unsolicited email from a software vendor. But I am here to tell you that from our data, sending release notes via E...

98 views 1 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you