How to get list of test runs assigned to user

sgarcette July 29, 2020

Hi

We use X-ray to manage our test strategy.

We would like to have more than one user per test execution. so one test run for a specific assignee. Our test execution are organised per area not per person.

In the test execution, we assigned test runs to different user. Now, the assignee needs to see which test run he/she has to work on. Is there a function to list that or a field we can call to get a list of test runs assigned to a specific user?

Please advice.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2020

Hi @sgarcette

You can use one of our enhanced JQL's, in this case the "testExecutionTests" and on parameter 3 add the user that you want filter by test run assignee:

issuetype = 'Test' and issue in testExecutionTests('DEMO-9', 'TODO', 'user A') 

You can check our documentation related this topic: Enhanced JQL

Best Regards, 

Sérgio Freire, Solution Architect and Testing Advocate @Xray

Personal blog on testing, Agile and software development: https://sergiofreire.com

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/darktelecom

sgarcette July 31, 2020

Hi Sergio

Thanks for your answer. It helps a lot.

Now, if we want to follow all the test runs assigned per user and clickable like in a two dimensional filter statistics gadget, is there a way?

Thanks

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2020

Hi again :)

well, in Jira, JQL functions can only return issues. Test runs are not issues so you cannot JQL functions for that.

You may either use gadgets such as the Test Runs List gadget and instantiate it multiple times, one for each user.

you may also use JQL to obtain test issues but then you need to go to each test in the UI to find out the te at run that interests you.

In sum, there isn’t something exactly as you need.

regards

sergio 

Kristin Schmidt August 6, 2020

Hi Sergio,

I used the JQL with the function TestExecutionTests(...) as you recommended above. JIRA tells me then, that this function doesn't exist. Do you know what's the problem here?

Regards

Kristin

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2020

Hi Kristin, my fault. I haven't noticed that you were using Xray on Jira Cloud.

Unfortunately, on Jira Cloud we don't have JQL functions due to limitations of Jira Cloud itself, for the time being.

So, the only possible solution, as of today, is to instantiate the Test Runs List gadget and configure it to show for a certain user. A given user can have his/her own Jira dashboard or you can have just one team shared dashboard, but in the latter case you would need to instantiate the Test Runs List gadget multiple times.

Note: if you want, you may reach out to Xray support team and request a feature/improvement, detailing exactly what you need.

Regards,

Sérgio

Alright! Thanks for your fast reply. Will it be possible in the future for JIRA Cloud?

Like Sergio Freire - Xblend likes this
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2020

@Kristin Schmidt perhaps but honestly that is something that the PO needs to analyze. Please reach out to the support team and request the feature/improvement :)

Like Kristin Schmidt likes this

Okay, I'll do that. Thanks!

panuwat sirirak February 23, 2022

any update on this feature. i also need it

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events