How to easily embed an image in a manual XRAY step?

Jackie Forgette February 28, 2019

In our application, we often need to add a screenshot to the expected result of a step. Currently the process is the following:

1. copy the screen shot, go to the test page

2. press Ctrl-V to attach to the Test

3. scroll to the attachments

4. right-click on the attachment and click Copy Link Location

5. go to the step and paste the link in between some exclamation marks

Is there a quicker way to do this?

3 answers

1 vote
Jackie Forgette April 14, 2020

After Xray updated their UI this method no longer works. This is now the process: 

1. Attach the image to the step

2. Click on the attachment link (it will open the image viewer)

3. Right-click on the image

4. Click on Copy Image

5. Paste the image into the step

Cromie June 1, 2020

Hi Jackie

My images won't display in the step when I attach them. Any Ideas? Xray Test Image Issue.png

Cromie June 8, 2020

This must have been a clitch as I can no longer paste an image into the expected results field. I have to add it to the attachments field. 

1 vote
MW April 14, 2020

Hi Jackie, could you find a better solution yet? I would be interested in the answer.

Jackie Forgette June 1, 2020

Not yet :(

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2019

Hello Jackie,

After some tests and searches, I was not able to identify any other way to add attachments to a specific column of a step beside the one you mentioned:

Add attachment > Copy Link > Paste link in the step

That been said, I recommend you to do the last check with the support team to ensure if there are any other easier ways to achieve it:

Xray Support team

Please, let us know their answer about it.

Brian Milligan November 10, 2020

Hello,

I cannot seem to get the attachement button to work inside of a step..does this work anymore?.

Cromie November 10, 2020

Hi Brian

It doesn't look like they have addressed that issue yet. Unfortunately, you will need to create the step and then add the attachment after. There will be an attachment section added (you probably already noticed) to the bottom of the step after the step is created. 

Brian Milligan November 10, 2020

Thanks a bunch..that should work for now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events