How to disable link previews in Bitbucket Cloud Slack integration app?

LeonidV March 21, 2019

We use Bitbucket Cloud application in Slack.

When someone posts a link to a Bitbucket issue on a Slack channel there is always an automatic preview of the issue with all the details.

Very soon the channel becomes cluttered with the information from the issue tracker and one needs to manually delete all the issue previews.

I would like to know how to disable showing the Bitbucket issue link previews? Maybe there is a feature request for this which can be voted for?

8 answers

11 votes
Alexander Skvortsov December 29, 2020

We have same problems.

All those preview are pointless for us and it would be amazing to get rid from them somehow.

3 votes
Thomas Jung March 8, 2022

There appears to be a way to do this for Jira links, but it doesn't work for Bitbucket. It's now been almost 3 years since this question was asked and it would be great if we could turn off Bitbucket previews in Slack for ourselves. Because of policy, we can't remove the integration itself. The reasons why this matters are listed in the linked question.

2 votes
Prabhu Singh December 14, 2022

Facing the same issue, requesting you to kindly add a functionality to disable previews on bitbucket integration with Slack as our slack channel is full of links (with previews) which looks cluttered and hence no one from my team actually uses this "feature".

2 votes
plussier December 5, 2022

Why is it that every little thing that annoys me about an Atlassian product results in me finding an issue raised A LONG TIME AGO by the community that Atlassian has not resolved IN YEARS?!

I've never seen a product where the community provides really great usability feedback that goes totally ignored by the company.  To the point of complete lack of acknowledgment of the complaints.

Atlassian, please fix this useless "feature".

2 votes
Demian Hauptle November 8, 2022

It would be helpful to have this resolved

2 votes
ccrothers May 23, 2022

would like to see this fixed.

1 vote
ccrothers July 14, 2023

Bump! Lets get this resolved please.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders