• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to delete users who were created by marketplace app? Edited

I tried few Checklist apps to choose the right one for my team needs. And now I have a lot of ghost users created by apps. See examples on the screenshoot below.

How can I delete them?Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 11.13.05 PM.png

1 answer

If you have site administration access, then you can remove them in user management.

They are not present in the users list in User management. There are only real users, but not created by apps.

If this is the case, create a filter for all those users, then do a bulk change to either unassigned them from the assignee field or assign them to someone else. The issue I see is that the data remains in the fields. This should clear all those user from the affected fields.

This is it what I see in the filter queue:
Operator '=' does not support the list value '("5ec3d2045359ab0c3add5c75", "5b1a36d4b0d76456f36dbb44", "5f40475191e67a003fca0049")' for field 'assignee'.

Where "5ec3d2045359ab0c3add5c75", "5b1a36d4b0d76456f36dbb44", "5f40475191e67a003fca0049" - IDs of those ghost users.

I've just checked our Jira, and indeed in JQL there is present a user of our checklist app and users of the apps that we used in the past.  

It looks like a bug, IMO. I would expect Jira to hide/remove the users of uninstalled apps. 

I think the best way to get the answer and some help is to contact Atlassian support at support.atlasian.com. 

Cheers,
Jack

Yes, it's not very convenient when they appear in users list every time when I want to mention someone or in a custom User Picker field.

I've already sent a request to Atlassian support. I'm waiting for their answer.

We can vote for suggestions that are asking for these users to be removed from the lists here:
1. remove
2. or hide

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

How to log work and track time in Jira when a person is part of multiple teams

The manager’s daily activities include a list of challenges to reach high levels of efficiency for their teams. Part of these challenges is related to how to deal with the worklog systems sin...

80 views 2 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you