How to delete users who were created by marketplace app?

Natali January 18, 2021

I tried few Checklist apps to choose the right one for my team needs. And now I have a lot of ghost users created by apps. See examples on the screenshoot below.

How can I delete them?Screenshot 2021-01-18 at 11.13.05 PM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

If you have site administration access, then you can remove them in user management.

Natali January 18, 2021

They are not present in the users list in User management. There are only real users, but not created by apps.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

If this is the case, create a filter for all those users, then do a bulk change to either unassigned them from the assignee field or assign them to someone else. The issue I see is that the data remains in the fields. This should clear all those user from the affected fields.

Natali January 19, 2021

This is it what I see in the filter queue:
Operator '=' does not support the list value '("5ec3d2045359ab0c3add5c75", "5b1a36d4b0d76456f36dbb44", "5f40475191e67a003fca0049")' for field 'assignee'.

Where "5ec3d2045359ab0c3add5c75", "5b1a36d4b0d76456f36dbb44", "5f40475191e67a003fca0049" - IDs of those ghost users.

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 19, 2021

I've just checked our Jira, and indeed in JQL there is present a user of our checklist app and users of the apps that we used in the past.  

It looks like a bug, IMO. I would expect Jira to hide/remove the users of uninstalled apps. 

I think the best way to get the answer and some help is to contact Atlassian support at support.atlasian.com. 

Cheers,
Jack

Natali January 19, 2021

Yes, it's not very convenient when they appear in users list every time when I want to mention someone or in a custom User Picker field.

I've already sent a request to Atlassian support. I'm waiting for their answer.

Natali February 3, 2021

We can vote for suggestions that are asking for these users to be removed from the lists here:
1. remove
2. or hide

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events