Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an integration app for JIRA?

Surya A April 30, 2021

Hai all,
    I have planned to create one integration app that retrieve data from third party service using REST API and show that details in jira ticket details page. I like to create one button in issuepanel and if user clicks that button then one modal need to open at issue glance. Is it possible to do integration in two different location with interaction. If its possible, please share any example or a clear idea to do this.

Thanks in advance..

1 comment

Comment

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

Hi @Surya A 

You can start from here and it also gives a basic example which you could try.

Surya A April 30, 2021

Hai Prince Nyeche,
    Thanks for your reply. I already tried to build a forge app in JIRA. It's working really fine in localhost. Now my doubts are,
1. If i created one forge app, How can i publish that app in JIRA atlassian marketplace?
2. If publish a forge app in JIRA atlassian marketplace is possible then how can i install the app in my JIRA instance?
3. Is there any way to create custom installation page for an app? For example while installing i need to get some input from the user and i need to do validation. After enter the right details only the user can install an application in their instance. Is it possible? 

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

You will need to review the documents to know how to do that and typically apps on Atlassian Marketplace needs to be approved before they can be searchable on the store.

Like Surya A likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events