How to connect one JIRA project to multiple Intercom instances

Oren Schor February 17, 2019

I'm using the Intercom for JIRA add-on and currently manage to connect one JIRA project to one Intercom instance. 

Our support project serves multiple customers and therefor multiple Intercom Instances and we would like to be able to connect the same Support (service desk) project to all Intercom instances. Is there any option to do so?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2019

Hi Oren,

Thanks for your question. I am Tobias from ToolsPlus, creator of the Intercom for Jira app. This is currently not possible. At this time you can only connect 1 Jira project to 1 Intercom workspace. We have an issue regarding this in our backlog and I added your vote to that. I will update you as soon as we have updates on this, however, just to set expectations, I don't think it will be before summer this year.

Hope that helps. Do let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Tobias

Erik Pauli May 10, 2021

Hey @Tobias Binna , can you give an update for this please? We have the same issues. Thanks and BR, Erik

Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2021

Hi @Erik Pauli , thanks for following up. There has been no change on this front and the reply below on Harriet's question is still valid. 

I think the only way to work around this at the moment is to have one Jira project per Intercom workspace.

I am sorry I cannot offer any better solution but I will make sure to add your vote to the feature request to keep track of this.

Best regards,
Tobias

0 votes
Oliver Mørch March 7, 2024

@Tobias Binna 

I have two projects that I would love to integrate with Intercom, but I'm hesitant to connect it to the second one and potentially revoke access for the current one.
Is this option available now, or is it still unavailable?

Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2024

Hey @Oliver Mørch

The feature to connect one Jira project to more than one Intercom workspace is still not available.

However, if you would like to connect two different Jira projects to the same Intercom workspace there is nothing to worry about at all - this works perfectly fine. The connections on the two Jira projects are completely independent of each other, even though they may point to the same Intercom workspace.

Feel free to connect both Jira projects to the same Intercom workspace. There will be no issue with this.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Tobias

Oliver Mørch March 12, 2024

Hi @Tobias Binna 

That worked! 

Thank you so much. 

Like Tobias Binna likes this
0 votes
Harriet Simpson November 14, 2019

@Tobias Binna please can you confirm if this is now available?

Tobias Binna
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2019

Hi @Harriet Simpson unfortunately, this is still not available. We have done some testing and investigation on this and as it turns out this more difficult to do for us than expected. I do not think that this is going to change in the foreseeable future as it would be a fundamental change in how the app works.

I apologize if I created wrong expectations with my previous comment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events