How to add the versions field to the create issue screen?

Artur C August 26, 2012

t is easier to work with issues if it would be possible to expose versions field as column in issues view, and on create issue screen. How can I do it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2012

I believe this is an auto generated field, Fix Version(s) and Affected Vesions(s) are making use of versions field values.

This is correct. Fix Version(s) and Affected Version(s) is a select list of values that come from what you have configured in your versions field values for the project. This is under the Administer Project>Versions tab.
If you want the version to show up on the Agile tab after you've created an issue, then you need to populate the Fix Version(s) field on create issue.
The value there will cascade to the Agile tab. Affects version will not.
Artur C August 26, 2012

Thank you, I guess my inexperience with Jira shows, now it makes perfect sense.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2012
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2012

Is that a custom field you created?

If so, make sure the field is available in the context of the project and issuetype you selected.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Field#AddingaCustomField-CustomFieldContext

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2012

If you didn't add a custom field as Jobin suggests, perhaps you are looking for the Fix Version(s) field?

Artur C August 26, 2012

Thank you for quick response, but this generic info is not much help; maybe I am missing something;

I can add field called ‘Affects Version/s’ ect, but what I need is ‘Versions’ and ‘Versions’ field is not part of the field selection.

Artur C August 26, 2012

I believe this is an auto generated field, Fix Version(s) and Affected Vesions(s) are making use of versions field values.

For example, I would like to be able to select version for an issue while creating it, without a need to go to agile tab and change it there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events