How to add field in jira service desk portal form

Benjamin Falque September 12, 2019

I would like to know how to create a field with external data and add this field in a form on Jira service desk portal 

Thanks a lot,

Regards

2 comments

Comment

robert Mugabuhamye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

hello @Benjamin Falque . 
if you want to query data from external database/files you can use elements-connect to do so. 

Here you can find an example of the vendor on how to add a field on the JSD portal.

The app is only compatible with Jira server.
Regards

Like # people like this
Benjamin Falque September 12, 2019

Thanks for your answer

we can't do this with add-on External Data?

I have tried but I'm blocked by an error on  "Field Options Sync Status"  with message :

Cannot resolve eMail for BasicAuth for AccountID 

robert Mugabuhamye
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

never tried that add-on, but seems like the user ou are providing in order to sync is not correct...

Benjamin Falque September 17, 2019

Too bad Elements Connect seems only work on Datacenter or Server but not cloud :/

Thomas Opiolka
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 28, 2019

Hi @Benjamin Falque

have you opened a support ticket here already? Maybe I can help you figuring out a solution or point you in the right direction.

Best,

Thomas

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events