How to Copy "ID field" to custom field

Parmeet Singh Arora
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 7, 2017

Hi,

I need the JIRA ID field visible on few projects, Just not able to get the straight answer for it, I have couple of articles where script was used but i dont know how to right one so need some help

2 answers

0 votes
Parmeet Singh Arora
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 7, 2017

Thank you Nic for the prompt response, But how do i do that, I'm not a developer, I'm looking for a easy way out of this at the moment so copy field will also help at this moment. So if i can get some steps that would be awesome. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

You're going to struggle with "copy field".  The issue's database ID is not a field, it's mostly hidden from the user.  So there's nothing for a "copy field" function to get hold of.

I don't know JMWE well enough to tell you if it can get to the issue id.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2017

You would be better off using a scripted field than a copy - there's less impact and you can't accidentally change it.

A scripted field would simply need to return issue.getId()

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events