How does one activate or configure Jira Xporter?

Robert Fernandez February 11, 2022

I keep getting this message on certain templates when trying to export to Word file or PDF.

I chose the template: Xray Test Report; Output to DOCX and the following message is shown:

"An error occurred while exporting your issues. Xray integration is not active or configured."

I reinstalled the templates that gave this error during export; however still get this message and it will not export to Word.

1 answer

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2022

Hi @Robert Fernandez 

It is necessary to perform the steps found in the link below, to integrate Xray with Xporter:

https://confluence.getxray.app/display/public/XPORTERCLOUD/Xray+Test+Management+for+Jira#XrayTestManagementforJira-SetupIntegration

Because the integration is not done, you are getting this error message "Xray integration is not active or configured". And this happens because you are running a report that needs information from Xray, so the integration is necessary.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xporter Support Team]

Robert Fernandez February 23, 2022

Hi Rogerio:

Ok after re-applying the client id and secret code; it is now allowing me to click on open Xporter and let it create the Word doc with the template: Xray Test Plan Advance with Cover Page.

Currently I can also click on the "..." and use the Xray - document Generator.

I took the Word doc from using Xporter and saved it off and used a different logo to be shown on the coverpage; upon exporting using Xray Document Generator I can see the document now has the logo I used on the cover page.

The document still has the xray logos on the top right of each page and a QR code on the cover page.  What is the best or the proper procedure to edit the template to be exactly how I want it? After I get this template the way I want it this template will have to be uploaded and is the proper way is to have this template available in the Xporter Global template area so it will show up on the pull down list for Global templates?

It looks like Xray Document Generator is template specific to a project so is this the area one does all the template modifications?

thanks,

Robert

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2022

Hi @Robert Fernandez 

When using Xporter, it is necessary to set up a permission schema to access the templates. Please read these links from the Xproter documentation:

https://confluence.getxray.app/display/public/XPORTERCLOUD/Permission+Schemes

https://confluence.getxray.app/display/public/XPORTERCLOUD/Exercise+4+-+How+to+use+Permission+Schemes

The Xray document generator is more straightforward than Xporter, does not have the permission schema, and only works with Xray information, while Xporter works with all Jira projects.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events