Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you share components across the projects - it's possible with Octo!

Did you ever wonder how to share components in Jira projects? By default, components are attributed to a single project. But for a lot of us, that is often a significant limitation. 

We use many components across projects. For example, a Login APIs component is affecting both Mobile and Web app projects. 

One of the solutions is to create a component with the same name in all the projects you need. But if you need to do any changes to them it becomes too much manual effort. And let’s not forget, manual tasks are always error-prone.

That’s why we created Octo - Component Management app for Jira that allows you to:

See and manage all the components from one place

The app gives you an overview of all components in your Jira instance. You can filter by projects to get a view you need quickly and also access details of the component where you find the issue progress insights. 

octo-hero-shadow.jpg

Share one component between projects

You can merge your existing components together or create a new one to share across multiple projects. You will be able to see them in the app but also the native Jira Components screen at a project level. And of course, all changes are synchronized.

Next-Gen components

Octo provides the ability to create Components for next-gen projects and link issues to them as you're used to in Classic projects.

The Component management app is available for Jira cloud on the Atlassian marketplace.

4 comments

Comment

Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 7, 2020

Sounds very useful! I've often wanted to use components across different projects! :)

Jeffrey Bistrong
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2021

this is only supported on jira service desk? will this ever be available for jira core?

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Jeffrey Bistrong , Thanks for your comment!
Octo app is available not only for the Jira service desk (Jira service management) but also for Jira Software and Jira work management (former Jira Core). At the moment the app is only available on Cloud.

Let me know if you have any additional questions 🙏

Like Jeffrey Bistrong likes this
Sebius Millet March 30, 2022

I have over 100 components for 1 project and want to sync / import them over to a different project, does Octo allow that? Is there a place I can select the project and all of it's components, and then sync them over to the other newer project?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events