How can I use ZBot with Zephyr for Jira?

Philippa Merrill December 9, 2020

I have a Jira Cloud instance which I have added the Zephyr for Jira plugin to. 

I would like to execute automated test runs using ZBot. 

The option is available in the 'Test Automation' section but I do not know how to select the ZBot agent or if it even works with Zephyr for Jira. 

How would I do this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Naveen K S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2020

Hi 

You would basically need to do the following steps,

1. Download the ZBOT jar and set it up on the remote server you expect the file to be available. 

2. Create an automation task of type ZBOT in the Test Automation sections in Jira and associate the above created ZBOT agent to the task. 

3. Ensure the agent is running and then execute the automation task on Jira, this should pull the result file through ZBOT and will process the same. 

You can refer the instructions here

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZFJCLOUD/pages/1234960420/Test+Automation

In general once you download the ZBOT jar you will have instructions in the README file that is bundled to set up ZBOT.

Razvan February 16, 2022

Hi,

Is it possible to configure the automated Zbot also on a Jira that is not in the cloud? Our Jira is installed on our local server, so it means that we can't use the automated Zbot?

Like Meet Darji likes this
Imraan Iqbal March 11, 2022

Bump. Can I install ZBot on our local Mac server?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events