How can I improve the selection of users?

Luisa Seil April 16, 2024

I have created a form in Confiforms that will be used to notify users. The team can fill out the form as soon as a problem occurs with a tool and a blog post and email will be created and sent automatically. I have a user field (multi-select) where you can select all users individually. But this is quite cumbersome if you have to do this for 100 users. I have several ideas how to improve this, but I don't know if and how they can be realized.

1. Maybe instead of the user field (multiple selection) a dropdown field with team names and each team name is linked to the e-mail addresses of all team members. Then you can select a team and have all affected users directly.
  2. Or maybe you can save the list of email addresses per team somewhere and then copy & paste it into the Users (multiple selection) field.

These are just ideas, maybe this can work, but maybe someone has a better idea.

Thank you. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

Hi @Luisa Seil 

Number 1 sounds good to me, if you ask. You can create a form with multiple groups

Group name -> user multi-select field

And in your main form you can have a smart multi-select field where you can select groups

So, the ConfiForms IFTTT macro then can lookup all the emails/users through this smart multi-select field

Short video:

https://wiki.vertuna.com/download/attachments/178782502/community%20-%20How%20can%20I%20improve%20the%20selection%20of%20users.mov?version=1&modificationDate=1713341584584&api=v2

Storage format:

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="5f817077-819d-4d37-862c-78042503ea09" ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="formName">lists</ac:parameter>
<ac:rich-text-body>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="07836d76-4d31-4c41-80aa-c804c66f7a3b" ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1">
<p>
<br/>
</p>
</ac:rich-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="7f737d82-bc58-4752-93ab-eec3d272478d" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">name</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">List name</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">text</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="required">true</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="910c1637-e3cc-43d4-bb4c-580a4fe50a82" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">recipients</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Recipients</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">multiuser</ac:parameter>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="d35a40e7-a478-4440-94f5-7b3e9dab90bd" ac:name="confiform" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="formName">sender</ac:parameter>
<p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="70d83019-bb65-4685-a1fa-bef3c8087de7" ac:name="confiform-field-definition" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldName">recipients</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="fieldLabel">Recipient group(s)</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="values">[180945102|lists|name|true||]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="type">smartmultiselect</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="required">true</ac:parameter>
</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="2de774d3-10ed-41cf-a345-e4ede3acd7b2" ac:name="confiform-ifttt" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="action">Send Email</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="event">onCreated</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="title">How can I improve the selection of users? - community post</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="who">[entry.recipients.transform(recipients.asList).asList]</ac:parameter>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="606780c8-271d-400a-9393-1a4fe160392a" ac:name="confiform-entry-register" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="overrideSaveButtonLabel">Send</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="registrationButtonLabel">Send</ac:parameter>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
<p>
<br/>
</p>

Hope it helps

Alex

Luisa Seil April 18, 2024

hi @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ 

Yes that works. Thanks for the help. The video was perfect. Would have taken forever otherwise.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events