How can I choose the fields that display in Bonfire browser plugins?

Mark McD June 28, 2011

I've just installed the Bonfire beta/trial & the Firefox browser plugin & am trying to create a new bug against a project of mine.

I have some fields that I don't wish to display on this screen but I can't see a custom screen listed under the Jira administration.

How can I choose which fields to display in Bonfire? It doesn't seem to map to the same fields as the default / 'create issue' screen.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
aprentice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2011

Currently Bonfire respects the "Field Configuration" settings for a custom field. If you set a field to be "hidden" in your active field configuration, the custom field will not show up in Bonfire. However, this will also hide the field for all screens in that issue type (for the project) that uses that field configuration.

JIRA's "Screen" settings for fields are not currently used by Bonfire. Therefore Bonfire will still display any fields that you specify to not be displayed on the "create screen". Changing this behaviour in Bonfire is being tracked here: BON-49

aprentice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2011

Update: Bonfire 1.0, released yesterday, now respects JIRA's create screen configuration. So the fields you see in Bonfire's create issue form are the same as those displayed in JIRA's create issue screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events