Here's how to create an AWS Architecture Diagram like a boss ✅

How to AWS 

How to create an AWS diagram in 4 easy steps

Making an AWS diagram in Confluence or Jira is fast and simple.

I'll show you how to do it in 4 steps. I'll be showing my examples in Gliffy Diagram for Confluence & Jira, but you can use your diagram tool of choice.

To set the stage, AWS stands for Amazon Web Services. It’s Amazon’s Cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (Cloud IaaS) offering. It provides on-demand solutions for data storage and movement, and fills a wide array of IT needs, allowing companies to scale up instantly and only pay for what they need. AWS was launched in 2006, and has since become one of the most popular cloud platforms currently available. Gliffy runs on AWS and our team documents changes to our infrastructure using Gliffy diagrams.

AWS shapes fall into several buckets: Compute, Storage, Database, Networking, Content Delivery, Application Services, Deployment and Management, Monitoring and Non-Service Specific.

Step 1

To create an AWS diagram, start by scrolling down to the "more shapes" section of the shape library and select "AWS simple icons"

More AWS shapes library

Step 2

Use basic and flowchart shapes to create your base structure and decide how to lay out your diagram. You can change the line width, pattern and color by clicking on your shape and making changes in the pop up window.

Step 3

Once your structure is in place, simply drag-and-drop the AWS shapes you need. If you’d like to add logos of other services you use in conjunction with AWS, it’s easy to add them to the Gliffy canvas by finding the images online then dragging and dropping them directly onto your canvas.

Step 4

Once your diagram is complete, you can share it with your coworkers and select whether they can view, edit or comment on it.

Not seeing the shape you need? You can download Amazon’s latest shapes here and drag and drop them into your diagram tool or upload your own custom library.

aws1

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events